NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
From the U.S. Military Academy Public Affairs Office West Point, N.Y.
Hudson Valley neighbors,
We have a busy week at West Point next week. No, we aren't starting military training back up in the Fall, but it might sound like it.
We have five events that will produce noise over four different days next week.
- On Monday, Sept. 24 there will be cannon noise mid-morning and a flyover by three B-52 bombers about 20 minutes later, both are in support of funeral operations.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 25 there will be cannon noise mid-morning in support of a State visit.
- On Wed., Sept. 26, we take a break. Things should be relatively quiet.
- But on Thurs., Sept. 27 we have another state visit that will produce cannon noise in the morning., and then around 1:30 p.m., some more cannon noise in support of funeral operations.
- And finally, on Friday, Sept. 28 we have our last state visit of the week, which will produce cannon noise mid-morning.
Other than that we don't have much going on ...
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
PUBLIC NOTICE. The Village of Cold Spring’s Tree Advisory Board will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 7:30PM at Village Hall, 85 Main Street, for the purpose of reviewing the following application: Laura Kaufman, 29 Pine Street, Cold Spring, for the removal of a Norway maple street tree on a village parcel north of the property. All interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
Environemtal Protection Agency (EPA) Public Notice
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is conducting its fifth five-year review of the Marathon Battery Company Superfund Site, located in Cold Spring. This review seeks to confirm that the remedies selected remain protective of human health. For more information, click here
Yard debris is picked up the 3rd Wednesday of each month (additional pick ups will be scheduled as needed). Leaves should be bagged and small branches bundled together. Debris should be left at curbside the night before.